Having 4 kids, it was pretty much decided that a camper trailer would be our home away from home. So after a solid 12 months of research, we decided to go with a softfloor trailer that would be built brand new for us with our additional requirements. We went with Lifestyle Camper Trailers that are based in Brisbane. We dealt with Darren via email and after a few months of throwing ideas back and forth we settled on our complete wish list of additions. We then met Darren in person at the Sydney 4WD Camping Supershow and ran our fingers over the model that we would be getting.
We settled on their Extenda Elite Model, with our optional extras and upgrades. These included:
1. Independent Cruisemaster Suspension with dual shocks.
2. 17″ wheels (tow vehicle compatible) 265/70/17 M/T.
3. Twin 80 litre water tanks.
4. Extended drawbar with a DO35 Hitch.
5. Dual 100amp batteries.
6. 240v power with inverter, Redarc BMS and 240w solar panels.
7. We made sure we had plenty of extra 12v power outlets.
8. A custom fridge slide to suit our 60l EvaKool.
9. We went with the 12ft tent and a full annex set up.
10. We also had a CB base station fitted (to keep tabs on the kids when they wander off with the handhelds).
11. Boat racks.
After we had its maiden voyage we discovered we needed to tweak a few things. We started with adding a extra 12v water pump, so we can run an external AquaCube Shower. We also had our solar panels re-wired to work seemlessly with the Redarc BMS. We took this to All Terrain Camper Trailers, where Danielle and Ian had no issues in carrying out these modifications.
Notice the Landcruiser? That was a friends that we had to borrow while we were still waiting on the Navara – Mark 2 to arrive.
Oh and we upgraded the trailer again, just recently, this time to carry one, eventually two, motorbikes….all done courtesy of Shannons Engineering.